Let’s do a brief recap of the challenges we’ve had thus far and the growth that has taken place to live fearlessly and embrace oneself from the inside out. First, we challenged you to do something out of the norm or something that scares you (Click here for more on the One thing you NEED to be doing EVERY day challenge). The point of this activity was to get you to be comfortable with being uncomfortable. With living fearlessly you must be willing to take risks, make mistakes, be ok with failing and be open to learning from these experiences. As you may have heard countless times, the secret to success is failure. It’s from our failures and uncomfortable experiences that we learn new things about ourselves (i.e. growth) and have the opportunity to begin again, more intelligently.
Second, we challenged you to start your day developing a gratitude list (Click here for more on the Gratitude challenge). The lesson in this challenge is to jumpstart your day from a gratitude lens and boldly defeat fear. By reflecting on the things, people and situations you are thankful for you are jump starting your day from a gratitude lens; thus welcoming more positive experiences to flow into your life. By developing an attitude of gratitude you begin to live fearlessly and awaken each day with an expectation of greatness and making the most of the time you have above the ground.
Now you may be asking, what’s the next challenge? The next challenge is an extension of the previous two challenges, which is to simply engage in SELF-REFLECTION DAILY. Self-reflection is when you carefully think about your actions, beliefs and attitudes. Self-reflection is powerful as it awakens the powers within and leads to personal growth or what we like to call in the world of psychology self-actualization. Self-reflection keeps you focused on self-improvement and ensuring you are doing your part to be as fulfilled as possible.
TIPS on Self-reflecting
(1) It’s best to self-reflect in a calm and quiet environment where you can clearly reflect on your thoughts, feelings and experiences
(2) It is also best to self-reflect with a pad and pen so you will have a written log of small/big victories, new discoveries, and just where you are on your journey.
(3) Schedule time for yourself to reflect daily no matter what time of day it is or how short/long of a time you have. Just make sure you connect within daily to begin your journey of self-discovery, self-healing, and self-growth.
- What am I grateful for?
- Am I taking anything for granted?
- What can I learn from this experience?
- What can I do differently to move forward?
- Am I employing a healthy perspective?
- Am I living true to myself?
- Am I waking up in the morning ready to take on the day?
- Am I putting enough effort into my relationships?
- Am I taking care of myself physically?
- Am I letting matters that are out of my control stress me out?
- Am I achieving the goals I have set for myself?
- Am I using my time wisely?
Life is a direct product of our actions, beliefs and attitudes; thus we are responsible for everything that happens in our lives. We are responsible for living fearlessly and embracing ourselves from the inside out. We must be willing to do the work to tap into the powers within and be the best version of ourselves. What to do? Increase your self-awareness through daily self-reflection.
As always, feel free to comment below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from and chat with you.