Now that Autumn is in full affect, it’s starting to get chilly and what I love to do when the seasons change is do a Betonite Clay regimen. Betonite Clay can get a bit messy but one of my favorite to dos when I need to revitalize my curls. What I love about bentonite clay is all the minerals and vitamins that are in it such as calcium, magnesium, silica, sodium, copper, iron and potassium.
Calcium –prevents hair loss
Magnesium – anti aging mineral; rejuvenates and detoxifies the hair
Silicia –silica prevents split ends, dry scalp and aids in moisture retention. Silica also provides strength to your hair and minimizes hair breakage
The best times to use bentonite clay is when you’re in the need of clarifying your hair from product buildup. This clay makes sure that my scalp is extra clean. However, even though this clay doesn’t strip the hair from its oils. It is best to use a conditioner afterwards. In case, you’re still not convinced how great Bentonite clay is for your hair Let me drop down five reasons you need to place this in your monthly to bi-monthly regimen.
- Clarifying– it detoxifies and gets rid of the impurities from your hair
- Enhances curl definition– decreases frizz and defines your curls and coils
- Calm scalp conditions– the detox helps with diminishing itchy scalp
- Conditions and soften hair– conditions and moisturizes the hair more than most sulfate free shampoos
- Improves Elasticity– a way to have your curls spring back to life
Where Can you Buy: At your local organic food store or on amazon.com at indian healing clay.
My Personal Recipe:
ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar)
Have you tried Bentonite Clay?