As I start my new fitness journey for the thousandth time, I have to see how I can keep my hair feeling fresh while still trying to get these upcoming abs to break through. When you work out vigorously your scalp begins to sweat, which is why you can feel the damp roots after a killer cardio session. The salt and water a.k.a sweat can easily cause your hair to dry over the hours/days you work out. Instead of washing your hair after each time you feel motivated to run. There are 3 ways you can D.I.Y to refresh your scalp after your workout to help your hair feel clean and keep healthy until you’re ready to wash.
- jojoba oil (hydrates hair, soothes scalp)
- tea tree oil (for dry, itchy scalp, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial)
- lavender essential oil (antibacterial)
- peppermint essential oil (dry scalp, hair loss, hair growth)
Mix 1/2 cup of water, 1/4 teaspoon jojoba oil, two drops of tea tree oil, and one drop each of lavender and peppermint essential oils. Shake to combine (you’ll have to re-shake it before each use, because the jojoba oil tends to float) and mist!
- Aloe Vera Juice
- Peppermint oils (dry scalp, hair loss, hair growth)
- ½ cup of aloe vera juice, 1 cup of water and 2-3 drops of peppermint oil. Shake to combine and begin to spray!
- rosemary(clarity and purification)
- tea tree (for dry, itchy scalp
- clove (disinfectant, antibacterial)
- peppermint essential oils (dry scalp, hair loss, hair growth)
Mix ½ cup of water, two drops of tea tree oil, 2-3 drops of rosemary and 2-3 drops of peppermint essential oil. Shake to combine and whola.
Do you use scalp refreshers?