Happy December! Can you believe we are officially in the last month of 2015? Time is certainly flying by. 11 months before this moment you may look back and see all of the highs and lows you’ve experienced. For you do the highs outweigh the lows? Or do the lows outweigh the highs? You do know those lows were intended to break you, keep your from achieving your goals, make you doubt yourself, keep you living in fear BUT you’re still here. You’re still in this good fight to stand tall and fearlessly live out your purpose in life.
The GET YOUR MIND RIGHT series is all about providing you with practical techniques that you can apply in your daily life to help yourself get in a mental state where you see opportunities for growth when your in the trenches and you also see your strength in your progress and achievements. Below you will find 5 more techniques to help you GET YOUR MIND RIGHT so you can think clearly, defeat fear, be open to life’s possibilities, and confidently walk in your purpose. (To read the first 5 techniques to GET YOUR MIND RIGHT click here).
- Positive Affirmations – Positive Affirmations are positive statements that you recite to affirm how you want to be. The concept of reciting positive affirmations is that although you may not believe the statements to be true (initially), with repetition they will sink into your subconscious mind to the point that you will begin to believe the affirmation, which will eventually become your reality. Thus, you regain control of your mind and the information it receives. Positive affirmations coupled with meditation are powerful! Give it a try. Examples of positive affirmations: Confidence comes naturally to me. I love and approve of myself. My actions create constant prosperity. I breathe in calmness and breathe out nervousness. I forgive myself for all the mistakes I have made. I choose to find hopeful and optimistic ways to look at this.
- Music – Music can work wonders with helping you GET YOUR MIND RIGHT. I personally love music and use it to encourage my soul. Like any form of information that we read, hear or say; music has the power of putting us in a good mood and giving us that encouragement we needed. Here are a few songs that I listen to, to help put things into perspective and encourage myself.
Ledisi – Alright
Goapele – Closer to My Dreams
Kirk Franklin – 123 Victory
Ledisi – Bravo
Mary Mary – Go Get It
- Physical Exercise – Exercise has so many benefits for the overall body such as: reduce stress and mental fatigue, alleviate anxiety and depression, natural energy boost, improve sleep, increase focus, increase relaxation, and increased self-confidence. Repeated research proves that just 30 minutes of exercise daily can help you attain the benefits listed above. If you can’t commit to 30 minutes right now, start somewhere. 10 minutes per day is better than nothing at all.
- Accountability Partners – Having accountability partners are an added bonus to helping you GET YOUR MIND RIGHT. The person/people you want to be your accountability partner(s) is someone that care about your well being and will be honest with you whether its something you want to hear or not. This person or group of people don’t have to necessarily be a friend or loved one. The person or people in this group are those that will confront you on your stuff in a loving and supportive way to let you know when you’re off track, what your goals are, what you need to do to get back on track, and remind you of who you are. Simply put, your accountability partner(s) will be your motivational speaker-therapist-life coach all in one. Pretty awesome right?! Now, go find yours. Examples: Personal trainer, therapist, life coach, trusted friend, and support groups.
- Gratitude – Last but not least, Gratitude helps us get our mind right. Gratitude helps us put things into perspective and realize things aren’t as bad as they could be and there’s still so much to be thankful for in the midst of all of this chaos. Gratitude is the instant pick me up! Gratitude can seriously transform your life from negative, sad, defeated and fearful to positive, hopeful, grateful, and happy. Give our gratitude challenge a try and let us know how it has impacted your life.
Positive thoughts generate positive feelings and attract positive life experiences. ~Anonymous