One of the many questions that are asked is how to make thin hair appear fuller? I can’t stand it when my scalp is showing or I’m not getting the full effect like I want. I’m a fan of big hair and after having my son my hair got so much thinner where I had to find a some tips to get my hair back to how it was. I went in and did some research and trial and error to find out the best tips for making the hair look thicker. It took awhile to find out what works and what didn’t but sometimes it can be simply finding the right product and regimen for your hair. Here are my top tips to get you to looking like you have thicker hair.
- Separate your hair from the roots to the tips for a voluminous look: When you begin to separate from the roots from a twist out or braid out after the take down you can start stretching the hair out for a fuller look.
- Try a bantu knot out to get the curl look: A bantu knot can give you spiral curl that will sure to give you more volume. If you need tips on the perfect bantu knot check here
- Afro pick should be your best friend: Afro pick helps give your hair that fuller look by picking at the roots to minimize your scalp peeking through. You can find more details and video on how to pick out your hair here.
- Bring your hair into an afro puff and know there strength in numbers: When your hair is bunched together it appears to be thicker because as you know the more hair that is together the fuller it will look.
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil: JBCO is a thick oil that can be used every other day or every couple of days. I prefer every couple of days because of how thick it is but it all depends on how much your hair can stand oil without getting weighed down. JBCO can be used on the scalp and you do not need a lot to get the full effect. JBCO helps aid with growth and thicken your strands that are beginning to thin out.
- Protective Styles: Protective styles helps with letting your hair be. Sometimes when you comb, co-wash constantly, or having the hair out it can put stress on your tresses. Protective styles helps with retaining thickness by keeping your hair protected. Need some ideas of protective styles look here.
- Trim/Cuts: Maintaining trims and cuts is vital for getting your hair to grow and become fuller. It helps from minimizing breakage, making the hair healthier and retaining growth
- BraidsOuts/Twist outs: Braid outs and twist outs can give your hair a great look when you twist or flat twist/braid it the right way. You can check out one of our top post for getting your best twist out here.
- Protein treatment: Protein treatments with products such as Apoghee or Tropical Isle Living Protein Hair Conditioner to get the strength and structure back in you hair to start getting your hair thicker.
What are your tips to get your hair to look thick and full? Let us know below.